Thursday, April 15, 2010

the blink of an eye

This week has been fueled with all kinds of emotions. Work has been a total frenzy - non-stop - and will be that way until after school is out. Home has had some difficulties - Ashton is getting in 2-4 new teeth - 2 on top and 2 on bottom - running a fever, runny nose, super clingy, won't hardly eat... Both boys up and down through the nights. Gabe started the week off with a cough, and is feeling okay now... Sleeping has been hard for me this week - things on my mind, neighbor's barking dog, too hot, too cold, kids awake, kids coughing, checking fevers, getting medicine, etc, etc. It's always hard when your boys are sick.

I am so Ready for this Weekend. And I don't think I am going to the Circus in Salina (sorry Jamie) so I don't think I have any plans... any suggestions? Anyone know of any city-wide garage sales? :-)

Here's a run down of my day: Work: errands, a committee meeting that was rampant with suggestions but low on volunteers to help with the work, followed by some critical emails I sent out that were not returned... But I leave work early. Whew!

4:15 p.m., we sign & E-file our taxes. :-) (4-15 - Tax Day!)

Tonight was a fun family night - a special one for Gabe. We pick him up early and go to Braums, he loves it. Just him and mom and dad. Cool. Then we come home and change and head out again Gabe's pre-school open house - he is So excited! He has been talking about school for So long and can't wait to start Pre-School!

The first class of parents going through orientation is full so we wait, Gabe plays with all ages of kids and is having a great time. Jermie and I end up talking to the principal of another pre-school and end up pretty impressed with their program! Then orientation for us, get Gabe out of the play room, go out to Grandma Peggy's to get Ashton (who has a fever) and come home.

Here's my sad but true moment: I was waiting at the Pre-School and looking over all the cutesy enrollment packet - his First list of School Supplies, checklists of Dentist and Vision appointments we need to make, etc... And at some point I kind of teared up (but held it all in.) I mean, is my son really almost 4 and almost starting School? So crazy!!! I just can Not believe how fast it goes! When I look at him, I have all the confidence in the world that he will do well and love it and will be so happy...

I never guessed I'd be that mom who cries at her son's first day of Kindergarten - but I Guarantee that's Me! Guaranteed. :-)

Not that I'm complaining... It's all good... couldn't be better... unless it could all just slooooow down for awhile!!!

My boys are Amazing. Ah-ma-zing. I am the luckiest mom in the world. I just want to keep them little... but by the summer they'll both be big boys. A toddler and a pre-schooler.

sigh.

That went by in a Blink!

3 comments:

  1. I cried at the parents informational meeting when Cael started preschool. Chad thought I was a nerd, but I just couldn't believe it was time to give him up! NOW I'm facing kindergarten (which might as well be college as far as my emotions are concerned). :-( We'll hang out this fall and cry together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! That Gabe has SUCH a great personality that there is no question whether he'll excel or not...it's his Momma that will need the extra encouragement and support. {hugs} =)

    p.s. I DID get your message but didn't think it best to call at 10 last night. I'll try to give you a jingle this afternoon but I have to say...Aunt M already spoiled your surprise. ;) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gabe will LOVE pre-school and will amaze you even more with how quickly he'll learn more and more and more. A human sponge! --Sorry to hear about the neighbor's $#! dogs. I know how that can be!

    ReplyDelete