Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Weekend

Holiday weekend review: Let me first pout that I didn't get to see water, play in the water, get out on the boat, go out on the lake... Jermie took off to Rocklahoma and was gone Friday night to Monday noon, so what time I did have available to meet up with all my camping friends, I just wasn't brave enough to go it alone plus my two wild boys. (They're too brave around water, they would require 110% of my attention and I wouldn't get to relax and visit, anyways!) I did: spend Friday night throwing a pity party for myself, which included eating lots of chips and cheese dip and watching the entire series of "Say Yes to the Dress" from Netflix. :/ But, in a better mood, I spent Saturday morning going to garage sales in Winfield, and the afternoon visiting the cemetery in South Haven and decorating the graves of my grandma's family members buried there.
After *taking a two hour nap with the boys* we went to Derby, picked up Alli, braved Target, then made it back home to put the boys to sleep and stay up late snacking and singing on SingStar. A fun evening. Sunday morning we all got up and went to Toronto. Matt met us there (later, he was out Saturday night celebrating a Promotion at the Derby Fire Dept!) A chilled day - time on the front porch, talking to Mom & Katy, meeting her new bf, watching Matt replace some boards on the porch, snacking, the boys having fun and getting dirty. We hung dad's flag in the front yard. It always looks so impressive. Grandma & Aunt Cindy came down from Topeka, and eventually I went out to the cemetery with them... I just love the way cemeteries look with all the American flags flying. It's very moving to see and hear them blowing and flapping in the wind. That plus having most all of the stones decorated - it's just beautiful...


And on Monday I ended up with another lazy day at home, movies and relaxing with the boys, including, finally, Jermie. Gabe was invited to spend the night with Grandma Peggy and her grandkids last night, so Ashton got some time with just mom and dad, which he loves!

This morning, aside from this short break to upload pictures, I am cleaning the house up and doing laundry. Grandma Peggy, Jill, Adam and family are headed to the Great Wolf Lodge in KC for the rest of the week - how fun! - so Jamie will come down with Kylar and babysit Wed-Thurs & Friday I'm thinking I will take off and head to Topeka to visit my Grandma and help with her garage sale... A busy week.

At any rate, hope you enjoyed your three day weekend, said some prayers for our armed forces, for those who serve and have served, and paid your respects. xo

2 comments: