I mean, literally, I could be doing a billion things. This weekend is Matt & Alli's Bachelor / Bachelorette Parties: *Facebook friends and see whose coming. *Pack for myself. *Pack for the boys who will spend the night with Slumber Party Grandma.
Which reminds me, *Get the laundry out of the dryer, off the couch, into dressers and, oh yeah, *Jermie needs work jeans washed...
Also, *dishes aren't done.
Also, *time to make sure the grade book is accurate for all 3 classes and all students are aware of missing assignments and everything has been graded... Probably 2 hours worth of teacher stuff to do...
And, *Jermie needs me to type up the rental agreement, since the last one was created on my beloved (stolen) laptop.
Wait, why are you saying that's not at all a huge list of things to do and that I should just get up and do it? You're crazy! : )
.............................................................................................................................................................
Random things happening with the Fansler boys:
Ashton LOVEs to find worms under rocks and leaf piles. He calls them his friends. He even does this at daycare - and yesterday got a compliment for being so nice to the worms. I'd hate to think about what happens to worms when they're not treated nice. Yep, just did. Gross.
Ashton & Gabe name the millers (moths) that like to be at the top of the stairs by the hallway light. They're picking odd names: Larry and Bob and Mike. So, one morning when Ashton said he had "Larry" in his hand and he wanted me to look at it, I didn't pay any attention. It was before 7 a.m., and he's just happy chattering while I'm looking for an outfit for the day and all of a sudden Ashton is SCREAMING. Larry stung him on the finger. Apparently, Larry wasn't a moth. :( What I love about this boy, though, is that he was crying because, "Why would Larry do that to me? He was My Friend!" Awww - so stinking cute.
I think Gabe felt the same way about a Box Turtle that bit the end of his finger a few summers back! :) Memories.
I have Really Appreciated the way Gabe has been explaining things to his little brother lately. It's not "No - It's Mine!" It's more like the long, persuasive speeches I remember giving my little siblings while I was growing up. I doubt I started so young though - Gabe is amazingly smart. Maybe all parents of almost 1st-graders feel this way, but I am So Proud of everything Gabe has learned this year. His Reading! his Math! It's soo soo far improved from when he started this school year! :)
...............................................................................................................................................................
I started telling the boys a bedtime story a couple weeks ago, and we're still getting farther and farther into the story. It is about Prince Gabe & Prince Ashton (of course), the Good King George, the Queen, the Evil King, and the Dragon, Skadat (who can talk and who is on the good side.) Last week there was a battle, where the boys had to save the Queen! This week they've traveled to find the Two Lost Princesses. It has been fun for me to describe the personalities and traits of these princesses. Am I molding who these boys will later fall in love with? Gabe - with a raven haired princess and Ashton with the princess with golden blond curls who he first saw when she was standing in a field holding a bouquet of hand-picked wildflowers.... :) Gabe asked tonight how long the story could go on. He suggests every night until he's 20, or for at least 14 more weeks. :)
....................................................................................................................................................................
Ok - better share a photo and maybe start at the top of that list and work my way down... Hope all is well! Sorry I'm not a more frequent blogger. Maybe soon....
Yes, its a GOOD good LIFE!
Anyone with two busy boys AND "teacher stuff" to do need not apologize for not blogging more often! Always enjoy your updates.
ReplyDeleteLove seeing this post - again - and again - as I check for more updates. Still waiting for the pictures you took while you were here. Surely you got at least one decent shot?! Hope all is well.
ReplyDelete