Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Matt & Alli

 

Congratulations to

Matt & Alli

Mr. & Mrs.
forever & ever

happily ever after

 

So they are no longer two, but one.

Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate.

Matthew 19:6

The wedding was at Thorncrown Chapel in Eureka Springs, Ark. on Saturday evening, May 12th, 2012.

The boys and I got on the road Friday morning and met the family downtown in Eureka Springs for lunch out on one of their cool patio bar/restaurants.  Then we took all the boys to the train yard, where we let them climb around on the old engines and equipment.  Jermie even caught tadpoles – gross/cool!  After that we went back to the hotel and hung out with more family. 

My mom and grandma watched my boys while we went back downtown with Katy, Josh, Bill & Summer, Matt & Alli and her sister Amanda and Logan.  It was a great dinner.  That setting – downtown Eureka Springs on a patio above a live band (Mountain Sprout – Jermie had heard them before in Manhattan!) – it was just a cool night with everyone.  The girls did the responsible thing (of course) and went back to the hotel after dinner, while the guys stayed out (of course) and bar hopped downtown.  Was glad to have some sister time with Katy to chat while our (little) boys slept & the guys were out!

So, Saturday morning – the big day!  …   Did you know we still have 5 boys 5 and under?  Kaden went with some of Alli’s family to go fishing, and so the rest of us decided to go back to the train yard with the boys (since Bill & Summer hadn’t gone the day before.)  S0 -  Bill, Summer, Betsi & Davis – Katy, Josh & Quintin – Jermie, myself and Gabe & Ashton – went on an official train ride, which of course they LOVED.  The train even stopped for a “Coin Smash” so we got the best keepsakes from our trip from that train ride!  :)  BUT – it was the first Dining Car ride of the summer and everything was delayed due to their meal – and I was getting phone calls that they were ready to start on my hair and I couldn’t get off the train to get back to the hotel! YIKES!  

But when I did show up – all the girls were casually getting ready and I brought in a good, sweet bottle of wine, so hopefully I was forgiven for running late!  :)  Alli’s photographers took pictures of us getting ready, of the guys getting ready, of the guys together and finally, of the girls together.  I’ve seen some of their pictures on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/a3.aprilsphotos

They’re Stunning! :)

(Also – I posted lots of pictures on my Facebook page!)

Alli was absolutely radiant in her dress – so many compliments from everyone. On everything – the wedding dress (so classy), the colors, flowers, our bridesmaids dresses, Kaden’s little fireman suit jacket with Grandpa’s patches, the cake, it was all really good!

It’s always SO GOOD to spend time with family.

I really do love my grandmas and cousins and aunts and uncles… Truly Blessed!

My little brother
is Married! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment