Monday, June 14, 2010

Weekend Wrap-up

monday night - the work week is here again. already! :) the weekend went by too fast.
starting out with: Friday night at home with the boys while Jermie worked on -siding - yuck - the rental, then went fishing with Beau. I stayed up until 11 - watched the movie Secondhand Lions, which I am tempted to start again... hmmm...
Went to bed at 11 ~ woke up at the normal time to get myself and the boys ready for a day of garage-sailing in Derby with Sunni. Our start to the sales was: a backseat of noise and nonsense, sales that had some great stuff, and piece by piece some great finds. Towards the end of our Derby day, the sales were picked over (and not all were marked down to half-price, either - bah!) and our finds were becoming farther in-between. So, with the back of the Envoy slightly loaded down with our wonderful wares, we headed home. Best finds: a handful of Army men/Superheroes for .25 (total!), a set of books on CD for the boys, $5, two Hulk masks at .50 each, (hilarious!), the clothes I did find (not the piles I had hoped for) at no more than .50 each, the lemon-seed squeezer thingy (for making lemon-drop martinis!) for .25, but probably the coolest: a Lite-Brite that is a full square, complete with all the bulbs and many never-used paper designs for $1.50! It's the best Lite-Brite I've ever seen and I know Gabe will love it...when ever it is that i let him use it, which will have to be when Ashton isn't around!! :) Sunni found some goodies, too, did an amazing job of handling all the action in the back seat, and was fun to talk to and shop with! A great morning/early afternoon! :)

Home: we all crashed, I put things away, and later started getting ready for a Lions Club picnic in Wellington. Originally, we were all going to go. But after (again) siding the rental in the blazing heat on Saturday, Jermie wasn't up for the social thing and instead took the boys on a Jeep ride, out to the lake, swimming, and then to Braums on the way home for ice cream!!! :) WOW! Spoiled the boys and they Loved it! :) I did go to the picnic from 5:30-9:30 & had a good time. Got home before the boys did (!!) and was able to kiss my little ones goodnight. Ahh, a night away for me and then still got to watch a movie with Jermie before (late) bed. Cool!

Sunday morning: slept in, hung out with Matt & Alli for a bit before they took a Jeep ride (a much longer one! They were gone all day and apparantly found some mud - Alli said something about a 3-hour car wash!!...) But our day was lazy while it stormed outside. Watched TV and hung out. Gabe was invited to Grandma Peggys, and went out there around 6 - got to swim and stay up with the girls - he loved it! :)

Ashton has a cough again - and after going through a lot of cough medicine this weekend we went back to the doctor today - Croup. He's on cough medicine plus a steroid now, so I hope that cures him and helps him sleep. He's been waking up with a terrible cough every 3-4 hours all weekend... poor boy! For the most part he's fine - just that awful cough that sounds so painful... ugh. :/

So, my phone is no bueno. It's having battery issues, plus some kind of glitch - related or not I don't know. Can't say why it all started - being dropped 300 times in the last year probably didn't help, but I can't think of any recent 'trauma' so to speak. No flying off the roof of my car or anything like that! :) So, all I can say is it's time for a new phone, and in the meantime I may or may not be able to answer/call from mine. Guess you'll have to tweet me! :)

p.s. - check out my background. It's a blogger layout - about time they came up with some new ones, huh!!!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, it's about time...and I LOVE the new background.

    Garage-saleing was good fun...the boys were great (funny)...and so impressed with how wonderful Ashton was with croup! Poor little guy...he was a doll!

    Sounds like another great weekend..hope it's a great week, too. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful background.....and the Lite Brite was always one of my favs growing up!!!

    ReplyDelete