Friday, July 9, 2010

Brothers


Camping at Toronto Lake:
I open the bedroom door of the camper to see if Gabe and Ashton are asleep. They're all snuggled up, laying perfectly still and quiet. Gabe rolls a little to me and says, "Isn't this the cutest thing you've ever seen, mommy?" And of course I smile and say, yes. So he asks, "are you going to take a picture?" So of course I smile and get my camera. I come back to snap this sweet shot of the boys. Then I left and never heard another peep out of them. They were worn out from camping! A sweet memory for me.
Every night at home:
Jermie and I have said we should do a study on how our boys sleep. At home they're on the top & bottom of the bunk beds/pirate ship, of course. What we check for every night is to see what position they're in - which changes nightly - and to see if they match. You'd be surprised at the number of nights they're sleeping in EXACTLY the same position. On back with hands up by face, on side with legs curled, sprawled out with no covers, all tucked in... It really is different each night so that adds to the 'wow' factor that we would find them both sleeping the same way. They're so close as brothers - almost like twins sometimes. Hope they're always so close as friends.

2 comments: