Monday, October 4, 2010

M-O-N-D-A-Y

Monday! Our weekend flew by! Grandma Peggy watched the boys overnight on Friday - Thank You - so Jermie and I got to go out to a party together - nice - and spent the evening outside talking with friends, people he works with. Saturday morning after grabbing the boys and some breakfast, I got laundry going then took Ashton to Art in the Park, where we met Jen & her mom and strolled around for a quick bit. [{I was inspired by some photography, so I'm thinking up a little project... fun! Christmas Present Ideas! Yay!}] Then headed back home to have lunch with the boys and start naps - a struggle! Then Jermie and I watched Couples Retreat (I'd give it a B at best) and Matt & Alli came down just before the boys woke up from naps. We grilled and had a big dinner, had Alfredo, Brandy & the girls over, Adam, and stayed up late just laughing and hanging out. Sunday afternoon Jermie, the boys & I went to Wichita to work on the rental, which, like our house, is also undergoing a renovation project. So - a fun & productive weekend spent mostly at home... nice.

But here's the famous day of the week post I was thinking about on my way to work this morning... original idea stolen from Grandma Peggy...


M - McCafe. Monday mornings always need to start with a nice warm vanilla cappuccino! :)

O - October, already!? Good grief that last month went by fast! :)

N - Nip Tuck. Jermie and I have started the series on Netflix & we're in season 3, I think. It's an intriguing show - at times quite addictive - so we're enjoying it. I'm also catching Greys Anatomy and some of the other fall shows online. :)

D - as in, what's for Dinner? Not only am I trying to figure that one out literally, but also I love cooking in the fall. I want casseroles and crock pot meals and a whole variety of things we didn't eat all summer! By winter I'll be tired of all of it, but for now I can't wait to have lasagna and stuffed shells and stuffed bell peppers and meatloaf! :) Meatloaf, maybe that's whats for dinner!

A -A prayer request, see below. A very, very sad thing has happened to a friend and I'm praying for her as much as I can... It's a reminder that you can never know what tomorrow will bring, that there's precious little time with those we love, that I am blessed, that while we all pretend to be so strong our hearts are all, indeed, very fragile. Also, a reminder that life is hard and sometimes very bitter. A knowledge that grief is a difficult thing. YUCK! :(

Y - Why?

Well, there's happiness & there's sadness in this heart today. I am both half-full & half-empty, ready & unprepared, at peace & on edge... It is the season to be thankful, and I'm counting my blessings. love you friends.

2 comments:

  1. We've started Nip-Tuck too, but we're not as sold on it as you. We're still on season 1, though so maybe (hopefully) it gets better.

    ReplyDelete