What a great weekend we just had.
Friday night was my candle party - everyone showed up, had fun, stayed after to chat and play a little Sing Star... Sarah booked a party so I got tons of free stuff - and I love shopping this time of year - Christmas Presents! :) It was a fun night. Jermie and I were surprised everyone headed home early though, so at 11 we stayed up with the Sing Star and rocked some duets :).
Saturday morning we got a call from Fonda & Joe that they wanted to come down later that afternoon, so that gave the boys something to look forward to! I actually napped most of the late morning/early afternoon away, then woke up to dash around the house getting sheets cleaned and everything ready for company. Jermie grilled steaks and we had a great dinner with them. Stayed up late talking - a great day at home and with family.
Sunday morning we had one of Jermie's famous big breakfasts and then hung out talking most of the morning. At lunch time we decided to go to Gambinos (where Ashton lost his new favorite toy - the frog he got from Maverik's - sad!) Then decided to do some shopping in Ark City and Ponca City. (Nothing for me to get excited about though - Orschelns and Lowes - boo!)
Talking to Fonda, I decided to give the candle lady a call back and see if I could still get a couple half-priced items, and I was told I had until midnight to get in a new order. So, Fonda and I talked over what she wanted, I poured through the catalogue, I registered online and got a hostess coupon for $50 in product for only $5, and then I had a whole second round of shopping for free and discounted things! Yay! A great way to end the evening.
The boys loved seeing Fonda and Joe and it was a good time hanging out with them. A fun, impromptu weekend and visit - very nice.
Now, the week has started and somehow my house is a total trainwreck. Laundry on the couch, dishes in the sink, toys and shoes everywhere. UGH. Top thing on my to-do list is take care of that this evening.
Let me leave you with words of wisdom from Gabe.
He said to me this morning,
"Mom, I think I saw God when I was in your tummy."
"Really - wow..." - me, a little stunned and speechless.
Gabe: "Yeah, that was awhile ago, but I still remember it."
WOW. :) What a sweetie. I'm so blessed.
"LIKE"
ReplyDeleteLove "Gabe wisdom"! You should make this a regular post!
ReplyDeleteOh, I love Gabe's precious comment about seeing God in your tummy. Kids are so full of wisdom. Hard to believe that another Christmas is on its way.
ReplyDelete