Friday, January 21, 2011

Gabe

On my table right now: a new table cloth I got at Wal-Mart. What a difference it makes to have the table cleared off. I could sit at my laptop for hours now...
Also on my table, a blue vase full of beautiful colored carnations that Gabe & Jermie brought home for me last weekend after a quick run to the store. Jermie said Gabe picked them out, then carried them around, telling everyone at the store they were for his mommy.
:)
Last night, the boys came home and immediately were in their superhero costumes. Jermie said he had to run to the store to grab some charcoal, and Gabe wanted to go, so then Ashton wanted to go... And yes, Jermie took both of them - in their Superhero gear - to the store with him. The boys were thrilled and I'm sure they got lots of smiles.
Makes me remember one time this past summer I went to Sonic for a couple drinks, with Gabe in the back seat. The girl who brought me my limeade asked sweetly if she could bring Gabe an ice cream cone. I thought it was nice and said sure... took me a minute to turn around and remember that he was in his carseat with his superman costume on. That thing gets him so much attention and he loves it.
:)
This morning Gabe woke up at 5:30, and Jermie was up getting ready. He put Gabe in bed with me for some snuggles. I got up at 6 but told Gabe to Stay in Bed or he would be too tired for school... About 10 minutes later Gabe comes downstairs with a big, happy 'Boo!" Jermie starts to get on to him about "What did your mom say?" So Gabe says he had something to tell Dad. What? "Um, that I love you. And that I need a hug." Of course, after being scooped up for a hug and a kiss, he was okayed to stay downstairs and awake. That boy has us wrapped around his little finger.

Then he pulls crap like this:
I took him and his brother to Wal-Mart this morning. He tells the Greeter, "You look old." She smiles and says, "I am." She took it very good-naturedly. Then he pushed it even farther. "You look like you're about to go to heaven." She kind of frowned, "Oh, I hope Not!" :/
UGH! The things kids say!

1 comment:

  1. WELL, REMIND ME NOT TO GET A GREETER JOB!! :) SOUNDS LIKE THOSE BOYS ARE BOUND AND DETERMINED NOT TO LET YOU HAVE A SILENT SUNDAY. HOPE YOU AREN'T HAVING TO GRADE PAPERS ALL DAY.

    ReplyDelete