Sunday, April 10, 2011

Parties!


In the middle of a complete kitchen remodel, sometimes it's nice to just take a break!

Here are some photo collages of parties we've been to - going back to my brother's birthday on March 10th!

Matt's Birthday Party!

My little brother: 26!

We celebrated by meeting at Kobe's in Derby for our family's first experience at a hibachi grill - loved it! (from the collage, look at bottom left) I ordered bravely - sushi - and enjoyed it! Also tried the chicken, made for Gabe & Ashton, and they liked their meals too. Gabe didn't like the shrimp until the chef threw it into his mouth and then he wanted more and more of it. Ashton was climbing into his dad's lap to try to get away from the fire, but Gabe was super excited when it went up at our table, or anywhere around the restaurant for that matter! :) It was a very fun experience and I was glad Jermie and I had the boys with us to enjoy it - they were a crack-up all night! (Check out Gabe's Ninja moves!)


It was our first time to really hang out with Amanda & Logan - Alli's sister and brother-in-law. Instant friends! :) -Speaking of birthdays, Amanda & I have the same birthday! how cool is that?! -

After dinner, we went to Matt & Alli's and put the boys to bed. Then we stayed up for karaoke and Apples to Apples and lots of good fun times! Happy Birthday Matt!



Adam's 30th Birthday!

These pictures are from our favorite Mexican restaurant - El Magueys! - on Adam's 30th Birthday Party night. I don't have any pictures of Curtis & Barb, but they celebrated with Jill & Adam, too. Gold Margaritas & a round of Tequilla Shots - ohhh! More like punishment than celebration! :) Happy Birthday, Adam!


Barb's Bachelorette Party!



in KANSAS CITY!

Jill & I got to road-trip to Kansas City, following the bachelorette & her family for the big night. We checked in to the downtown Plaza amidst a huge Mary Kay event/Disney on Ice/8-9 yo Cheerleading Competition... Craziness! We finally found parking, found our room, and the party had already started & the room was completely decorated! Fun! :) We picked a night of CoLd weather - but of course we were still a gorgeous & sexy group dressed up for the night - dresses, heels, boots... (ha ha - Jill & I were committed to jeans from the beginning!) Fun Girl Times - Barb's sister put braids in for Jill & I and everyone got ready together, the bachelorette opened up her naughty presents, we answered questions about the happy couple and then were headed out for a night on the town - starting at Kobe's. I had only been there once before (Matt's birthday) but this was a completely different experience! They bought us a round of SAKI SHOTS - and I was more than a little afraid to take it! So, after we all survived that, we bought our chef a Saki shot... They had too much fun cooking for us! Oh, and yes - looking at the collage above you can see that the chef had a good time with us - even shaped our rice a certain way (ahem) for us... Hilarious! And at the end of the night, our server bought us all a shot of something ... wonderful! We left there in high spirits and very ready to take on the night! LOVED the bachelorette party - had a wonderful time - enjoyed meeting Barb's friends and family - Very Much looking forward to the wedding and seeing everyone again!

Very Much excited for Curtis & Barb! :) Congratulations!

Oh, and a random side note: when I went into the hotel room, I was introducing myself to the girls who were already there. I'm introduced to Katy - who says right off, "Your sister is dating my brother!" "What?" lol. We kept joking that we'd be doing this again... sometime... with someone we both know... :)


Don't have any photos to share - but I'm sure this best fits into the category of Parties - Jermie spent the weekend at the NASCAR Races with Brian and his work friends.

He called to say the televised races don't do them justice - they're loud, fun, and apparently very impressive in person! :)

1 comment:

  1. Love the new background! Love all the collages! =) (but I couldn't enlarge them to actually see some of the smaller pics). Looks like you've been having lots of fun lately. =) Love it all.

    ReplyDelete