This year’s 4th of July was in the middle of the week. We spent the weekend prior in Toronto, for the annual Toronto Days celebration. This year’s activities honored two great men, my own dad and Spec Mann.
Here’s how people in the parade honored Spec:
& more pictures of my boys, friends, family & the parade:
Here’s how my family honors my dad – with his Navy Flag. I LOVE my family.
& with this – an illegal lighting of a big, awesome lantern we sent off from the campgrounds! It made mom nervous, but I think dad would have smiled.
More of the awesome Fireworks show from Toronto Lake:
& a couple from our campsite, where we went to relax, hang out, and cook some Excellent meals. Also, the Christmas lights put off a romantic glow. :)
We had some good times at our campsite this year. This fun song got stuck in my head:
You were pretty as can be, sitting in the front seat
Looking at me, telling me you love me ,and your happy to be,
With me on the 4th of July-iii! - 4th of July lyrics, Shooter Jennings
& a few of my wild boys – who loved hunting for locust shells and found dozens of them:
:) (I’ve still got that song in my head.)
Great 4th of July in Toronto this year. The parade & fireworks got huge compliments and the boys still have a ton of candy left because as we know, there’s no better place to watch the parade than from mom’s front yard where we are the FIRST group of kiddos everyone wants to throw candy to! :)
Hope you don't mind it I try to copy that pic in honor of Speck Mann and send it to his nephew in Michigan. We are old Fredonia classmates. He was back in May to sell off some of the property at Mann's Cove.
ReplyDeleteNo, I think that's SO great! :) XO
ReplyDelete