
Before I know it, Gabe will be 4 years old. He has grown so much, and time has gone so incrediably fast since we had him. It's really been by in the blink of an eye. Makes me sad, but then I look at him and I think surely we have done something right!
When I read some of the developmental milestones he should reach around age 4, I think, "he's already there! He's been there for awhile!" Of course I think my kid is wonderful, but he definately has some social skills, and I think he's quite the artist. But some examples, the site I was reading said he should be able to stack 10blocks. Seriously? Gabe can build a tower that's taller than he is, and I've seen him come up with helicopters and giraffes, all out of his imagination and not some kind of kit!
Here are some things I will remember about him at this age:
. He tells me all the time he wants to do something NEW.
. He is always excited about going to see family and friends.
. He loves to watch TV and movies.
. He has been in the bad habit of coming into our beds at night.
. He NEVER sleeps with the covers on him.
. He is fascinated with trucks, any kind of working machines, fire trucks/police/ambulances and airplanes/helicopters/jets...
. He understands traffic signals and is a back seat driver!
. He loves to be outside. This has been a long winter!
. He is fantastic with directions and always knows where we are going by looking out the window. He pays great attention to what's going on outside the vehicle.
. He sings several songs - very cute. "I love you Mommy, oh yes I do" to the tune of Bye-Bye Birdie, or variations of "Gabe Gabe bo babe" are my favorite.
. He break dances like a maniac, hits the ground, does the splits, spins, it's wild!
. He likes to read. He remembers stories very well (which means I can't skip pages or he corrects me!)
. He likes sweets!
. He takes huge bites, chews sloowly or forever for no reason, and sometimes drives us crazy with how slowly he eats his dinner!
. He is great at finding hidden pictures!
Ah, my sweet boy. He's understanding more and more what it really means to be a big brother. At the same time, he's at a volitile age with his emotions - some crying fits, being mean, some selfishness with his toys or whatever. Even when he's just playing he has a loud voice, too loud in restaurants. You can imagine when he's upset... :-)
And he always says the cutest things. This weekend I was asking how he felt and how his ears were, and he said, "Mom, I think I got my healthy back!" lol. He's so stinking cute!
On Friday I called the local Pre-Schools and told him he would be starting school this fall. He really couldn't be more excited about going to school! It's an exciting time, but not easy for mommy. As you can see, I'm already trying to prepare myself! :-)
He is a character!! I have enjoyed having him for the last 2 yrs :-)
ReplyDeleteSounds a lot like my great nephew who is almost four and wants every firetruck, bus, train, he sees. Must be the Boy Gene at work. Loved your blog.
ReplyDelete