Friday, February 5, 2010

It's my day!

It's after 7:30 right now... I type that because my computer seems to be ahead of the times. I would Never get up at 4 a.m. to clean house! I know I put a lot of stress on myself trying to get ready for company, but that's just craziness! :-)

Yesterday I did get home early, got laundry going, put clean sheets on my beds, and got dinner going in the crock pot before I went to pick up the kids. Also, Jermie and I went to the post office to see what we need to do to get PASSPORTS for an upcoming *10th Anniversary* vacation! (no details on that just yet, are you kidding? we don't plan that far in advance!)

So, my upstairs is all clean. All our bedrooms are made up, floors vacuumed, laundry put away. Exciting - the boys are also packed for a weekend with Grandma. There's more freezing fog out there right now, but I am still hopeful that we can both make it to El Dorado. While there - Exciting pt. 2 - I'm picking up friend from high school Sarah Radar Denny and bringing her down here for my birthday bash! Can't wait for all the girl talk and catching up we'll get to have during the drive! :)

So, this morning I have quite the To Do list, with all my downstairs rooms needing cleaned and prettied up, plus a Wal-Mart run... I'd better get to it. Here are some fun Gabe quotes this morning...

Gabe, do you know what today is?
It's Grandma Day!
Grandma Day? I thought it was my birthday!?
Nope, it's Grandma Day.
(humph!)

Gabe, you'd better eat all your cereal so you can get big.
But Grandma Peggy says she doesn't want me to get big!

:-)

(Clear up FOG! I've got places to go!)

7 comments:

  1. I've been waiting all week to tell you HAPPY BIRTHDAY FRIEND!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing you tonight. Happy Birthday/Grandma Day to you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!!! And glad to know you don't get up that early!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!!!!! I can't wait to see you too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy B-day!! Whitney and I are planning on dinner tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm. Let's see. Does this make you one year closer to the big 3-0??? Hope your birthday weekend has been fun.

    ReplyDelete