My birthday has come and gone and now all that's left is ... 30. :) I can't say I really Want to be 30, but I'm also feeling pretty okay with it. I mean, my friends are all wild & rowdy and know how to Party like Rock Stars, so they make me feel younger! :) I don't know of anyone who has more fun with their friends than Jermie and I do - we are pretty blessed.
This weekend, the boys had a friend to hang around with, too. Jamie, Brady and Kylar spent the weekend with us and the boys had a good time together. They were wild together and destroyed the boys' room - so once again they truly do take after their parents! :)
So, Friday night I had a friend to talk to while I did the dishes and cleaned my kitchen - more helpful than she knew! Saturday morning - Jermie's famous big breakfast that he loves cooking for everyone. Then we went to Wal-Mart for last minute party stuff while the boys set up SingStar, home for lunch and naps. During nap time I continued on my frenzied cleaning spree, wasn't really able to relax! Then Jamie made Jello Shots and all of a sudden I was smiling. :)
The boys went to a babysitter while we went to dinner - a relief for the guys, who got to go to Wing Street. El Magueys was the most fun ever - and I don't want to incriminate myself for anything punishable by any $7,000 fine or anything - but we had Too Much Fun while we were there. At dinner: Jill, Jamie, Alli, Brandy, Heather, myself & Barb - trouble trouble trouble! :)
Got the boys, came home and the music was playing. Gabe, Kylar and Ashton hit the floor - literally - break dancing and cracking everyone up. It was almost sad to put them to bed, they were so hilarious! I wish I had that on video - dang it!
Then the party started - and ended in a blur! We had a house full, we had some Sing Star, we had one hot tub enthusiast, we had several who WALKED to the bar (a block and a half away) for some wild dancing, and Jermie - who walked to and from the bar 3times checking on me and everyone still at the house. :) There was no Apples to Apples or crazy drinking games, just hilarity in general. Home made wine and moonshine that I didn't try, because I was too busy drinking from my margarita pitcher with a straw all night, jello shots and of course cheese dip and little smokies. Good party essentials. I got a very special birthday cake this year...from Alli...And my face got smashed into it by Alfredo! Brandy says this is a Mexican tradition - I was so surprised!
I will remember blowing my candles out and everyone singing to me though - that was very sweet and the gifts were nice. Jill and Adam came back with baby Adalynn and she was a doll - never cried, and her parents were glowing with pride. :) Towards the end of the night I remember Curtis blowing up birthday balloons - until they popped! Over & Over! I remember Darcy rocking out on SingStar, forcing Terran to have a Jello Shot, Brandy taking pictures & Alfredo taking blurry pictures :) of me and the girls, people chatting in the kitchen, Alli stabbing my cake with the birthday candles... Ah, good times! :) Probably a few things I Don't remember too!
Ah, I don't know too many people who can say they spent their 30th Birthday with so many fun people! I really felt spoiled... until I had to clean my kitchen on Sunday - lol. :)
At least I had a BEAUTIFUL flower arrangement to display - from my older brother - and a phone call to wish me a happy 30. Very sweet! A call from Grandma L., texts from snowy Pittsburg, a call from Taiwan, :) - yep, you read that right - and calls from my mom and sister... Also, when I got to work on Friday my boss had decorated my office space and bought me a birthday cake "to share with the Fansler boys" - oh, and the dozens of nice notes on Facebook were awesome, too. (My birthday is the only day of the year I truly value my Facebook account!) BEST of all, maybe - when I found the card Jermie had bought me, laying on my pillow. Then, downstairs, the one from the boys with their handprints outlined and messages to me copied by dad...
Lots of smiles for my 30th. :)
Thanks everyone for a fun & fabulous birthday! (Pictures soon!)
awwww....giving me teary eyes :) Glad you had a GREAT 30th!!!
ReplyDeleteAwesome family, awesome friends! Good times!
ReplyDelete