Gabe & Ashton developed coughs last Sunday. It's been a rough week plus for both of them, and for us! Last Monday I had a training in Topeka. Weather had been terrible, but I made the trip anyways. That night at Gma Peggys, Gabe got a high fever. On Tuesday night I was home, and Ashton had a high fever. Wednesday through Friday they went to Grandma Peggys with coughs and runny noses. This past weekend I thought they would get healthy, but they didn't. They have been cranky, fussy, and clingy all week. They wake up in the middle of the night and climb in bed with us. In the middle of the night last night, Ashton was literally wrapped around my head, the way a cat does. Gabe had a dream and started yelling that there were bugs under the pillows. He sounded happy about it, I was not! (Gross!) Each of the boys have had a low fever here or there since last weekend, but yetserday after nap Gabe had a high fever again.
-- ENOUGH! --
We have a doctors appointment today. Yesterday I called our doctor, and there was no time to get Gabe in by the end of the day. I talked to the nurse who told me that, but didn't suggest anything I should do overnight for my sick boy, and when she transferred me back to the desk, my first available appointment for him wasn't until 3:30 today... I want a doctor who isn't too busy for me and my sick kiddos! :-/
I also called a new doctor in town, and set up an appointment for 11:30. I know nothing about this doctor, and couldn't find *anything* online. Strange. I'll try not to let that make me nervous... How hard can it be to check my boy's ears and throat? Surely even this new doctor can do it... :-)
Jermie's suggestion for our new family doctor was actually the PA out at another clinic. Don't know how I feel about that, either. Guess we will try the new doc today, and see how it goes...
UGH!
Sorry your boys are feeling punky. A new doctor will be eager to please, I bet. And don't forget---lots of chicken noodle soup and 7-Up!
ReplyDeletehey are you using the new guy at the pavillion? I'm thinking about taking ansley there because i heard he specializes in peds! did you like him? gool luck and Ansley is getting a cold too, winter sucks
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear the boys aren't feeling well. Nolan's got a runny nose now too. I think we're all just really ready for spring!!!
ReplyDeleteHow was your Valentine's Day?