Thursday, January 21, 2010

Stressers

Sometimes I am just stressed out, you know what I mean? Today I realized I wake up this way. Lights are off, I'm half asleep, and Jermie is asking if I washed his work jeans and where would he find them. Instant stress, because I *think* I did, but I can't remember. Then he says it has rained all night, and I think about the drive out to Grandma Peggy's house - it has been muddy ever since the snow melted, and it's just completely saturated outside. Ugh, what a mess! And then I start worrying the kids will wake up - because I love to have 20 minutes or so to wake up and not have to tend to the boys. And then I come downstairs and see last night's dishes are in the sink, because the dw is full of clean dishes. And the kitchen floor is muddy by the back door and desperately needs washed. And yesterday was trash day, which is a bummer because I have half a gallon of milk I wanted to toss out on trash day (so it doesn't get stinky.)

Yeah, that's a list that once I start writing... it could go on and on and on!

So, I'm about to do something new (for me.) A morning workout routine... I hope some of the punching and kicking will be a good stress reliever!

3 comments:

  1. I think that is a great idea. I just recently started a morning workout and the days I skip I just don't feel as good.
    Let us know how it works out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you! I haven't read that book but will try to locate...

    & you have a great idea for stress relief. I need to model that behavior...but I'm waiting till I get good and ready (and can't afford new clothes to cater to my new, greater size). ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry, we all have those days. I can relate (Beau waking up wondering if his uniform pants are clean, ton o' dishes, and I still have a muddy floor to clean).

    I've been debating starting a morning workout routine, too. It's a little intimidating, though, since I haven't had a regular routine in so long. Let me know when you start -- it would be nice knowing someone is in the same boat!

    ReplyDelete